Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2013

temporary lenten journey derailment.....

Oh dearie me....

Just when you least expect it, right!
I'm all encouraged on thought journey related with the Peace Pilgrim planning meeting and all, when my horse...well...it's my car, but just like my bike, I think of it like a horse, starts taking on water....yeah like...WHAT?!
I know! The passenger side floor was swamped. Sad face.
So....
I sit here, by the window, NOT looking out on Silver (the obvious horse/car name), nor am I driving about on my journey....because it's in the shop!!!!

Yeah. I sit here thinking about lenten journey, journey, thwarted journey, Journey and well.....shelter. It's horrible out...very Scottish weather.....and I am warm, dry, if not bored.....

This week's lectionary texts speak of both journey: Abram...the Psalmist....Jesus....Paul.....
and also is the concept of God as the shelter....
On Monday's trip to the AC RV show, the boys and I giggled and dreamed our way through all the amazing RVs thinking of where we could go, and in what style and comfort we could travel. Imagining God on the journey as that kind of shelter....well.....an RV is one kind of shelter for the journey to be sure.

In God's house are many mansions...and throughout the story of the covenant we are constantly reminded not to worry about ANYTHING....just to love God with all our hearts and souls and minds.
So much easier said than done!
But still....we are assured that if we trust, God will see us through, in style!
So, I appreciate my warm and dry....and my less dry but soon to be dry Silver....and this journey,
challenging, exciting,
God is WITH YOU.....
Don't stop believing! Hold on to that feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment